Piercello's universal equation

Instincts --> (Sense of Identity <-- Intelligence) = Emotions


New Reader? Start here.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

What is this Blog? (03/18/09)

Greetings, and Welcome! This blog exists to share an elegant new definition of emotion, to extend that definition into a powerful explanatory theory of human nature, and to explore the resulting structural implications for human affairs great and small. The process will benefit from the give and take of conversation, so I hope you'll comment or ask questions.

My goal is to write clearly and informally enough for the interested bystander, but also with sufficient breadth and detail to give this argument the beginnings of academic legs. Hopefully I can do both at the same time.

New posts will appear on top as they are written, but their sequence is not firmly tied to their place in the overall argument. For structural reasons a clear introduction of many of my argument's conceptual components creates chicken-and-egg type problems of presentation, so for now I am simply letting the posts write themselves in whatever order they prefer; I'll be filling the gaps as needed.

For those who prefer a more organized reading experience, I am listing the posts in what I believe to be a more helpful reading order under the "Table of Contents" heading at the top of the sidebar. As the blog expands I will also be directly connecting related posts to each other by adding appropriately placed links (for example, next up in the sequence is the thesis proposal), and I'll eventually add tag functionality for a way of searching posts by topic once things really get rolling.

One final caution! The clarity of my writing improves dramatically when I reword and revise over an extended period of time, so rather than waiting to post until everything is perfect (my purpose is conversation, after all) I intend to continue editing until I am satisfied, indicating the most recent revision of each post with a date at the end of its title. Major revisions to content will probably generate new posts, but wording changes in the service of clarity will not.

If you'd like to see a particular topic addressed sooner rather than later, drop a request into the comments and I'll see what I can do!

And now, onward to the thesis proposal!

No comments:

Post a Comment